Areas of Service:
St. Louis Metropolitan area including St. Louis Metro. East (Illinois); St. Charles County; parts of Jefferson, Franklin and Phelps Counties; Rolla, St. Robert and surrounding areas; Columbia, Jefferson City, Moberly and surrounding areas; Springfield, MO and surrounding areas. Subject to towing availability and cost.
If you are located outside of the MERS Goodwill towing areas click here for another option.
How do I start the vehicle donation process?
- Call (314)241-3464 to speak with someone in the local Goodwill car donation center or…
- Download our Auto Donation Packet or
- Use our online form (above) to donate online.
What happens after my vehicle is accepted for donation?
• You will receive an email and/or a letter confirming receipt of your donation.
• A towing company will contact you to schedule the pick up of the vehicle. All towing is FREE!
• If the car is at a repair shop, the towing company will make arrangements with the repair shop for pickup. Be sure to remove all personal belongings from the car and remove your license plates. Leave the keys at the shop.
*Please let us know if a rush pick up is necessary due to a police order, or if your car is at a repair shop. We will work with you to make the necessary arrangements although we cannot guarantee a same day pickup!
What happens after my vehicle is picked up?
•Goodwill evaluates the condition of each donated car in order to obtain the highest possible selling price in order to maximize the donor’s federal income tax deduction. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4303.pdf
• Your car will be delivered to a local, dealers only, auto auction and sold in the weekly auction.
• After the car has been sold, you will receive an IRS approved letter/receipt from Goodwill providing your car’s sale information. This letter should be used as your charitable receipt for federal income tax deduction purposes. Additional tax documents may also be provided when required by the IRS.