DIY: “Ugly” Holiday Sweater
Need a fun and festive way to get into the holiday spirit?
Goodwill stores have endless aisles of seasonal inspiration, including items to make your very own “ugly” holiday sweater! Follow these quick steps to create a one-of-a-kind holiday sweater:
What you will need:
- Hot glue gun
- Decorations from Goodwill
- Plain sweater from Goodwill
- Fabric glue (optional)
- Stop by any Goodwill location and buy a plain sweater and holiday decorations. Tip: decorations can be found in the housewares section of each store.
- Decide on a design for your sweater. The design can be simple or more complex; it’s totally up to you.
- Lay your design/decorations out on your sweater, and cut off the pieces that won’t fit.
- Carefully hot glue your decorations on your sweater. Depending on the material of your decorations, you might be able to use fabric glue instead.
- Let your sweater dry.
- Show off your fabulous creation and wear it throughout the entire holiday season!
- Finally, don’t forget to show us your DIY “ugly” sweater by uploading it to MERS Goodwill’s Facebook page and tagging us @mers.goodwill.
Here are a few ideas to use for inspiration: