What kinds of vehicles can be donated to Goodwill?
* Some restrictions apply – in rare cases, Goodwill may be unable to accept a donation if the cost of towing exceeds the value of the car.
Areas of Service
St. Louis Metropolitan area including St. Louis Metro. East (Illinois); St. Charles County; parts of Jefferson, Franklin and Phelps Counties; Rolla, St. Robert and surrounding areas; Columbia, Jefferson City, Moberly and surrounding areas; Springfield, MO and surrounding areas. Subject to towing availability and cost.
If you are located outside of the MERS Goodwill towing areas click here for another option.
What if the car is not running?
• Goodwill accepts all vehicles with a proper (clear) title, running or not. The vehicle must have two inflated tires and be accessible to the tow truck.
How long will it take to have my car picked up?
• You will be contacted by a towing company within a few business days after the title and paperwork are received and processed. Please note that towing may take a little longer during our busy season(s), primarily the months of December and January. Priority towing may be available for vehicles at repair shops, tow yards or cars that are in city violation. Remember, all towing is FREE!
• You can speed up the donation process by donating online and attaching a copy of your signed title, front and back. Your donation can also be submitted (donor info sheet and front and back of signed title) any of the following ways:
- Mail: Goodwill, 1727 Locust Street Saint Louis, MO 63103 Attn: Car Donations
- Fax: (314)621-8732
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Review the Auto Donation Packet for instructions on how to sign your title.
What documents do I need to donate a car?
• A clear title to the car (review the Auto Donation Packet for instructions on how to sign your title). In some cases a lien release letter may be required. If you cannot locate the certificate of title, we can direct you how to obtain a duplicate.
• Vehicle Donor Information Sheet. (included in the Auto Donation Packet).
What if I have more questions?
Please contact us at: