It’s hard for us to say “No Thank You” to a donation when our operating funds are realized through the sale of donated goods. However, some items are refused for very good reasons: Some items are not recyclable or contain hazardous waste and others cost more to transport, repair or refurbish than they can be sold for in our stores. Our store managers and donation center attendants may decline a donation if, in their judgment, it is not in clean and sellable condition.
We cannot accept the following items:
- Tube (CRT) style televisions and computer monitors
- Household chemical products: pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products
- Automotive hazardous waste: tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- Car parts or tires
- Partially used or open personal care items such as: nail polish remover, perfume, shampoo, shaving cream, hairsprays, etc.
- Mattresses/box springs, including water bed mattresses and water bed frames
- Building materials: sinks, toilets, plumbing fixtures, carpeting/padding
- Air conditioners, furnaces, trash compactors, water heaters and any freon based applicances
- Traditional recyclables: glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc.
- Guns and ammunition