STL Youth Jobs is excited to return for 2015!
In order to participate in STL Youth Jobs, you must:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 23 at the time of application AND
- Live in St. Louis City, within one of the following neighborhoods:
- Mark Twain
- Walnut Park East
- Walnut Park West
- Tower Grove East
- Gravois Park
- Bevo Mill
Please note, priority will be given to individuals who are currently unemployed and live in a low-income household. Priority may also be given to program alumni, for a limited period.
Eligible applicants will be called to meet with a Job Coach from STL Youth Jobs. An initial meeting will be scheduled, for which you will be asked to bring:
- a piece of mail showing your name and the address that was entered in the application
- a photo ID (State ID, Driver’s License, Current School ID, et.)
- a Social Security card or Birth Certificate
- 2015 is the first year that STL Youth Jobs will be asking for income documentation for grant reporting. You will be asked to bring what is available on your household income (examples: Paystubs, Tax Returns, Unemployment Insurance letter, TANF-Temporary Assistance letter, SSI/SSDI letter).
Job Coaches with STL Youth Jobs will speak with you about whether or not you have a bank account. Direct deposit will be the required payroll process in 2015. To begin working on having an account set up prior to meeting with your Job Coach, we recommend that you contact St. Louis Community Credit Union, who offers youth accounts with little to no feeds.
St. Louis Community Credit Union, 314-534-7610.
If you do not already have a bank account set up by the time of your orientation, we will provide additional information about program endorsed accounts. First Financial Credit Union will be offering special account options for individuals that still need assistance with opening an account.
Contact Patrick McCulloch at email@example.com or call 314-982-8950.