Why Should You Choose MERS Goodwill for Services?
- Our Placement services prepare applicants for the interviewing process, finding employment, and maintaining employment, all with input from the business community through our partner employers.
- In addition to Placement services, we offer a variety of services including evaluation and assessment to assist in choosing a career path.
- Our training programs provide individualized learning strategies and practical hands-on work experience.
- We offer realistic information regarding short and long-term employment options.
- All of our staff possesses either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in their field, or extensive experience working with people with disabilities and locating employment.
- Our staff are knowledgeable about community resources, able to connect our clients with supports for childcare, GED classes, medical care, and more.
- Our downtown St. Louis location offers an on-site daycare facility and cafeteria.
- Our Lippman Center in Mid-St. Louis County offers ESL classes and a GED class on-site.
- Our Health & Safety Coordinator has twenty-two years nursing experience and serves all of our locations. She has spent fifteen years with emphasis on psychiatric nursing and dealing with the developmentally disabled population. She is also an American Red Cross certified instructor, OSHA qualified trainer, MANDT Instructor and responsible for mandatory safety training of rehabilitation staff as well as general safety and wellness concerns.
We are approved by CARF, an international leader in the field of standards for employment and community services. Some of the key issues addressed by CARF include, but are not limited to, health and safety, fiduciary responsibility, organizational integrity, customer focus and program outcomes. All staff assigned to employment and community services are trained in the CARF requirements and quality reviews are conducted on an on-going routine basis to ensure continuous quality improvement.