Areas of Service
St. Louis Metropolitan area including St. Louis Metro. East (Illinois); St. Charles County; parts of Jefferson County, Franklin County, St. Francois & Phelps Counties; Rolla, St. Robert & surrounding area; Columbia; Jefferson City; Moberly, Lake of the Ozarks area, Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, Branson and surrounding areas. Subject to towing availability.
How do I start the vehicle donation process?
- Call (314)241-3464 to speak with someone in the local Goodwill donation processing center or…
- Download our Auto Donation Packet or…
- Use our online form CLICK HERE to submit
You will be asked to provide information about the car you wish to donate, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and location.
What happens after my vehicle is accepted?
• We will send you a thank you letter confirming receipt of your donation.
• Arrangements for a towing company to contact you for the car to be picked up will be made. All towing is FREE! You do not have to be home, simply let the driver know where the keys will be located. Remember to take your plates off and clean out your car. If giving the title to the driver, please leave it in the glove box in an envelope marked “Goodwill”, and let them know.
• If the car is at a shop, the tow company will make arrangements with the repair shop for pickup. Be sure to remove all personal belonging from the car. Remove your license plate and leave the keys with the shop.
*If a rush pick up is necessary due to a police order, or at a repair shop, we will work with you for towing arrangements.
What happens after my vehicle is picked up?
•Goodwill evaluates each donated car to obtain the highest possible selling price for the vehicle in an effort to generate funds and to maximize the donor’s federal income tax deduction. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4303.pdf
• Your car will be sold at a local auto auction.
• After the car has been sold, you will receive a letter from Goodwill thanking you for your support and providing the car sale information. This letter may be used as a charitable receipt for federal income tax deduction purposes; additional tax documents will be provided when required by IRS regulations as a result of the sale value of the car.